Fertile Eggs | Birds
R-Com RCOM King Suro 20 Fully AUTOMATIC Digital Egg INCUBATOR
Beautiful close rung baby Blue and Gold Macaw
Beautiful Buffon's Macaws
African grey parrot Baby
Temperature For Incubation
As a general rule, most parrot eggs are best incubated between 37.2°C and 37.5°C and at a humidity of approximately 56%.
A house full of strange relatives, alcohol fueled frivolity, visits from carol singers and brightly coloured lights are enough to bring on a migraine for the best of us, so just imagine how your Parrot, Budgie or Cockatiel feels!
Everyone needs a safe corner in which they can retreat, so make sure you provide them with somewhere to relax and recharge, like a hideaway.
· Make sure your pet bird doesn’t get too cold during the winter months. Try locating their cage away from doors and drafty windows.
· Cover them over with a blanket at night, especially when the central heating goes off.
· Make sure their cage is well away from central heating/radiators so that they don’t get too warm. .
· It’s important to keep them hydrated. Winter’s decreased humidity means your bird’s skin and feathers will become much dryer. Daily fresh clean water will do the trick.
· Watch out for toxic fumes from non-stick frying pans. With the doors shut because of the cold weather, fumes could build up and can cause severe respiratory problems for pet birds. Simply move them out of the kitchen, into a different room to avoid the fumes.
· Birds are neophobic and don’t like change. Christmas trees and decorations can spook them out, so keep a close eye on your bird and move them if they show any signs of distress.
· Stick to their normal routine – Parrots in particular need a good 12 hours sleep at night so make sure you put them somewhere nice and quiet in the evening if you have visitors.
· The festive season comes with lots of tasty food and treats for us but remember that your pet bird should stick to their usual diet. Don’t share your Christmas dinner leftovers! There is more on foods your Parrot should avoid eating here.