White lion cubs are not natural color for these animals. White lion cubs are not albinos. Their white color is due to a recessive trait coming from a less severe mutation in the same gene which causes albinism, which is different from the gene which brings about the white tiger.
This white coloration does not appear to pose a disadvantage to their survival. The white lions have been successfully reintroduced into their natural habitat and have been hunting and breeding without human intervention for a significant amount of time.
White Lions cubs will grow just as strong in Adulthood.
Fast Facts about White lion cubs
- Scientific Name: Panthera leo
- Common Names: White lion
- Order: Carnivora
- Basic Animal Group: Mammalia
- Size: Up to 10 feet long and 4 feet high for males and up to 6 feet long and 3.6 feet for females
- Weight: Up to 530 pounds for males and up to 400 pounds for females
- Life Span: 18 years
- Fun Fact: White lions are sign of leadership and pride to local communities in the Timbavati region.
There are no reviews yet.